Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Hell Week

After finding out I had been moved from the wait list to the entrants list of the Massanutten 100 Miler I had decided to follow John’s advice and have a hell week of my own. Here’s how it broke down


Monday April 20th – 10.1 Miles(87 laps) around the YMCA indoor track followed by an hour of hockey


Wednesday April 22nd – 11.34 Miles (3 laps) around Tower Hill Pond in Auburn


Friday, April 24th – I had basically had a mental breakdown at poor management at work earlier in the week that led me to no call/no show at the office. Instead when I awoke, I grabbed my water belt, my favorite pair of shoes and knocked out 28.38 miles on rolling pavement and dirt roads between here and Henniker.


Saturday April 25th – 6.44 miles doing my favorite emerald lake loop


Sunday April 26th – 14 Miles at the Muddy Moose Trail run


Total Mileage on the week – 70.3 miles

A personal best! The biggest test that I had passed was the 28 miler that is a personal longest training run. And the ability/desire to knock out the 3 back to back days and still have a respectable time at the Muddy Moose on Sunday in the heat. Now, tapering, if you can call it that, for the big test in VA in under two weeks.

No comments: