Thursday, April 8, 2010

March Recap

So to prepare to write my monthly recaps i like to re-read my previous months just to see what I've accomplished, what i haven't accomplished. How I've brought trepidations and feelings forward, or if i have reverted back.

March turned out to be a pretty amazing month as a whole. I traveled well over 3000 miles for races. I hosted the biggest St Patty's day blow out to date. I ran a marathon on snowshoes, on pavement, and at the Barkley (yes, 22 miles there). I guess there is something that has to be said for that. I broke my streak, but i felt like it was well overdue. Even though as John warned, I've now only run once (4 miles) in the last 12 days. Springtime appears to have officially arrived. I've been finally getting back into the woods and on old familiar trails and I've been loving every minute of it. I need to get my butt in gear or I'm sunk in May.


Book List:

Bad month for reading, many additional started, none finished.


By The Numbers:
Miles Run: 103.1
Miles # of Runs: 20
Average Miles: 5.2

Month Starting Weight: 175 Lbs
Month Ending Weight: 170 Lbs
Weight Change: -5lbs

Race Results:

Peak Snowshoe Marathon -10:15 (unofficial)
Shamrock Whale Challenge (50k) - March 20-21 - 5:22:31
Barkley - 1 loop, 20+ miles, 15:39

Upcoming April Events:
Muddy Moose 14
EMS 5k
Mud Muck Moose

No comments: