Saturday, December 31, 2011

December Recap

Week - 1
Leah and i did something a bit unorthodox in our relationship in the first week of the month.  We had not one, but two date nights.  Our first date was a  lovely night of Tai food and watching The Muppets movie.   I can't say enough good things about that movie.  I bounced around in my seat, i cried, i laughed.  They couldn't have done a better job bringing back a classic.  Date night number two found us sipping amazing margarita's at Hermanos in Concord (Thanks Nate) as we waiting for our "sold out" showing of The Way.  Actually, we had an entire theater to almost ourselves.  Two other people came in just as the movie started.  This movie was out of this world. It made me laugh, and i actually cried a little.  It's got me pining to get back on the trail. I miss my 40lb backpack.  I've been out of the woods and in a cubicle for too long.  I highly recommend BOTH movies. 


( Muppets and The Way )

Week - 2
A busy weekend was slated as Rob and Keira were to host their annual "Fancy Pants" party to give everyone an excuse to dress up and pretend to be classy while playing inappropriate card games and consuming some of their liquor bar.  We descovered a new game that will have to work into rotation asap called Loaded Questions.  Straight from one hangover to the next it was off to Stockbridge VT where we'd get to meet the newest member of the Fortin family named Lula.  No, not a baby, but a million times better...She's a fuzzy little chocolate lab puppy!!   After an amazing meal and several hours in the hot tub it was homeward bound. And nothing helps a hangover like making wine.  The smell of booze and grapes in the air.  Leah and I started our first attempt at making wine at home with a Pinot Noir.  I'm sure you'll hear more about that as it progresses.

(Being Fancy)

Week - 3
The Third weekend was nothing much to write about.  Loni was off to her Christmas party and i got to house sit my fuzzy buddy.  Mr Surley old Buttons.  He's still my best-est buddy even though the photo says otherwise.

(Sir Butt-of-Tons)


Week 4
Loni hosted her annual Solstice dinner where she treated the group to a wonderful Lasagna meal.  A run was slated to happen, but we all wussed out, it's dark, it's cold, none of us were feeling up for the task.  So beers and stupid amounts of food were consumed instead.  Since Loni changed her dinner to Lasagna that opened up my ability to cook up a spiral ham for the small second annual "loser Christmas eve"  where i cook for a few of my friends and family that don't have any other places to be on Christmas eve. Spiral Ham, Smashed potatoes, Green Been Casserole, Crescent Rolls, Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie, along with an amazing truffle/fruity dessert.

(A Buffet of Food and Beers were served)


Week 5
Christmas was fantastic. I hid at home, watched old time cartoons from my youth and sketched.  My goal is to have logos for most/all of our club's events and some additional nonsense to give my blog some more cartoon-y flare.  I've got a long way to go. Most of my work isn't that original just yet, using other artists work as visual (postures, facial expressions, etc.) examples and tweaking their characters to suit my needs.  I'll get there eventually. I just need to spend more time putting pencil to paper. 

Thursday night was a treat when I got to run a nice nighttime 8 miler with Sherpa John back in town from Colorado.  His stories are always second to none and helps the mileage fly by.  Even when he lived a few hours away we never ran together that much. But the short time we shared on the trails really made me miss the miles that we had. 

Leah and I transferred one of our wines into the second carboy and hopefully it'll be clearing off and ready to bottle in a few weeks. And in a perfect world, drinkable come spring/summer-time.  Along with starting a new batch of cabernet sauvignon for summertime as well. 

When this posts the gang will be gathered in Nashua partying down.  Hope you've had a great year. I know i sure have.  For those wondering, the 2011 Year In Review video will be up in a couple of days so stay tuned! 


(First Sketch of the year)

By The Numbers(2010 Numbers in Quotes):
Miles Run:  46.6 (18.5)
# of Runs: 12 (7)
Average Miles: 3.8 (2.6)

Month Starting Weight:  176 (172) Lbs
Month Ending Weight: 180 (179)Lbs
Weight Change:  +4lbs

Race Results:
n/a

No comments: